The displays show the important role, which trade and commerce have played in the growth of Haverfordwest. Nearly every conceivable trade and profession was carried out here, and a number of photographs of shops and businesses reflect this diversity.
The Marychurch Iron Foundry, in Bridge Street, employed hundreds of men casting everything from agricultural implements to fancy ironwork for chapel gates.
There is a large butter churn on display, made by the Llewellin family at the famous Churnworks (demolished in 1987).
Other notable exhibits include early shop tills and a wooden settle.
Victorian settle, the product of a nineteenth-century Haverfordwest craftsman.
Huge butter churn from the Churnworks of the Llewellin family, which made dairy implements, and machines from 1789 until it closed down in 1966.
Elaborate till from the tobacconist and hairdresser’s shop of Sidney Pugh, High Street. Pugh’s was a flourishing business during the late Victorian era right up to and well beyond the First World War.
Joseph Marychurch [d. 1885] owner of the famous Marychurch iron foundry in Bridge Street, which turned out a huge array of agricultural implements and other iron products. One of their customers was Prince Albert who bought some agricultural machines from their stand at the Great Exhibition in 1851.